A Whiter, Brighter Smile: San Antonio Teeth Whitening Tips
At one point or another, we have discovered our teeth are definitely not as white as they used to be. Thanks to various foods we eat, caffeine and cigarettes, many people are discovering they are lacking a whiter and brighter smile. Teeth whitening is a very simple was to improve your confidence and overall appearance, but how is it possible to get that immaculate Hollywood smile? Here are a few tips for teeth whitening and cosmetic dental care:
1. Teeth whitening coincides with food consumption. Although there are so many delicious foods, especially in San Antonio, that can seem almost irresistible, remember that many foods can prevent your teeth from being their whitest. Coffee, red wine, sodas, dark colored veggies and certain fruits can cause teeth to become stained. While some think baking soda helps whiten teeth it will eventually wear away at enamel and darken teeth.Try and limit consumption of these foods if you are vying for that beautiful, white smile.
2. Over the counter: White strips. Although an over the counter product such as white strips is cheap and somewhat effective, this technique is more so recommended for teenagers, because their teeth whiten much faster than a fully grown adult. In office procedures may be too intense for young adults.
3. Tray bleaching as an in-office alternative. While one step above white strips, tray bleaching is still very effective due to the peroxide gel and custom mold for your mouth.
4. Brush your tongue and change toothbrushes. Toothbrushes should be replaced every three months, or when the bristles seem worn. A worn toothbrush will not be as effective for cleanliness or teeth whitening. Brushing your tongue can help rid the mouth of lingering bacteria on in the back of the mouth.
5. Daily rinses after eating. While mouthwash is the most common rinse, apple cider vinegar has been known to help with teeth whitening. Rinse with water and cider as a healthy and organic way to maintain a bright smile.
6. In office procedure as the number one solution. San Antonio features professional cosmetic dentistry and procedures throughout the city. These procedures are quick and safe; the process only takes one office visit. It also covers all areas of the teeth, and takes into account sensitivity in various parts of the mouth. There is a thicker peroxide gel that helps with any possible sensitivity you may experience during the process. One of the most desirable aspects for the procedure is the ability to customize your level of bleaching. Professional office teeth whitening can also help you avoid white spots that sometimes pop up after using the trays or the white strips. The white spots appear when teeth are treated unevenly with white strips, and even the use of trays.
Although there are many ways to avoid staining or discoloration professional teeth bleaching is the most effective way to ensure a lack of stains and uneven spots. San Antonio’s Wurzbach Parkway Family Dental provides cosmetic dental procedures and professionalism, so they can assist with any questions or issues you may have with whitening. For a consultation, or teeth whitening appointment, call 210.877.2273. Click here for more information on teeth whitening.