Keeping A Healthy, Beautiful Smile
Preventative dental care is key to ensuring your smile stays healthy and beautiful. It’s important to make sure you are practicing good oral hygiene at home. To make sure you are maintaining good oral hygiene, our dentists recommend you brush at least twice a day and floss daily.
Tips for better teeth brushing:
- Always use a soft or extra soft, bristled tooth brush because hard bristles can damage gums.
- An electric toothbrush is recommended for more effective cleaning.
- Wet the toothbrush and apply a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
- Hold the brush at a 45-degree angle toward gums. Clean the upper, front teeth first and then the back teeth. Then switch to the lower teeth and be sure to clean the chewing surface and the sides of all teeth.
- Use circular motions, also focusing on the tooth area that is closest to the gums.
- Brushing all of teeth should take approximately 2 minutes.
- Brush your tongue too to prevent bad breath.
- Floss after brushing.
Consult a Wurzbach Parkway Family Dental dentist at the first sign of a toothache or gum issues.
Experiencing tooth pain or discomfort? The longer you wait the more damage you could cause. Schedule an appointment right away.