Porcelain Veneers San Antonio
- Provide a natural tooth appearance
- Provide the surface of damaged teeth
- Longevity and Strength
- Improved smile appearance
- Aesthetically pleasing
- They are irreversible
- Teeth may become slightly sensitive for a week or so after the procedure
- May need to be replaced at some point
- Teeth are not immune from cavities or dental caries so continue to maintain dental hygiene, and visit the dentist every six months for routine cleaning and exams
- After your Wurzbach Parkway Family Dental dentist examines your teeth in the cosmetic dental San Antonio office, to see if you are a good candidate for veneers you will then be scheduled for your first appointment and on your way to a beautiful new smile.
- Our highly trained laboratory technicians will create a tooth colored wax-up of your new teeth, which allow you to see how your teeth will appear in your mouth. Your dentist will prepare your teeth and you will wear temporaries while your beautiful new teeth are being fabricated. An impression of the tooth is made and sent to our highly experienced dental laboratory technicians. Rest assured we use the highest quality materials and experienced lab technicians to create natural, esthetically pleasing veneers.
- At the last visit we will try in your veneers to make sure you are happy with the shape and color. Once you approve the look, they are cemented and a special light beam is applied to allow the cement to quickly harden. Then excess cement is removed and then they polished. You can then return to our office to care for your Veneers in San Antonio.
How long do porcelain veneers last?
They can last from 7-20 years. The tooth and the gum tissue may change, which may affect the veneer.
What will my teeth feel like after?
They are smoother and more glass-like. Some experience cold sensitivity for a few days, but they should eventually feel like just another natural part of the tooth.
What foods should I avoid?
Dentists advise eating softer foods until the patient gets used to the new bite. After several weeks there is no limitation, unless the individual has specific needs.
What happens if my veneer comes off?
This is very rare. Don’t panic, and try to save the veneer since it can usually be placed on the tooth again within minutes. Call the office, and we will try schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
How much are veneers?
As you might expect every patient is different. Depending on your insurance provider you may have minimal out of pocket expenses. However many insurance providers do not cover the cost. Please contact us for a consultation.