If your teeth are mildly discolored, dull or stained due to years of smoking, or drinking dark-colored teas and wines, teeth whitening in San Antonio is an affordable solution. Professional in-office teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic dental procedure in the world today. This is the fastest, easiest, safest way to whiten teeth.
Sixty minutes is all it takes to see immediate results for a whiter, brighter smile. The dentist will prepare the mouth for whitening before applying a whitening gel.
Most begin life with brilliant, white teeth because of enamel. It is composed of microscopic crystalline rods to protect the teeth from the effects of chewing, gnashing, trauma and acid attacks because of sugar. As time passes, enamel wears down, becomes transparent, and the core of the tooth, a yellow material called dentin, shines through.
As we chew, dentin remains held together while many micro-cracks occur in the enamel. These cracks fill up with stains and debris and the tooth’s color becomes dull. By using teeth whitening, the stains and debris disappear and the enamel cracks open again. At this point, it’s time for a tooth whitening dentist.
Removes a Variety of Stains
At our San Antonio dental office, our whitening treatment can remove stains resulting from:
- Aging: Teeth become yellow, brown, green or grey as teeth grow older.
- Coffee, red wine, sodas, dark: Colored vegetables, fruits, and tobacco- chromogenic agents in products we ingest can become trapped in enamel and cause yellow, brown, or orange teeth staining.
- Genetic factors Some are naturally born with yellow, brown or gray-tinted teeth.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing or flossing enough can leave teeth stained.
Advantages of In Office Teeth Whitening
In-office whitening has many more benefits than drug store whitening products.
- Quick: It only takes one office visit, compared to having to wear a whitening strip for hours and hours, week after week.
- Complete: It covers all areas of teeth, even the gaps and back of the tooth—unlike over-the-counter products that just whiten part of the tooth.
- Safe: The dentist knows your tooth sensitivity and calculates that into the procedure, whereas other products don’t factor it in.
- Customized: The patient can chose the level of desired whiteness.
Low side effects: gum and tooth sensitivity is more controllable than ever before because of thicker peroxide gels that don’t soak into teeth as much as gels in the past.