Happy New Year From our Family Dentist San Antonio Office
Our family dentist San Antonio office wants to wish you a happy new year. This is the time for new resolutions and healthy goals. Along with the rest of your resolutions, make sure you take care of your mouth in 2014! Here are some everyday habits you can pick up that will make a big difference in your oral health:
1) Brush and floss every day. Use a fluoride toothpaste and take enough time to do a thorough job. Make sure to brush gently where your teeth meet your gums so that the gums don’t recede.
2) Drink tap water. Tap water has fluoride added, so it offers more protection for your teeth than bottled water.
3) Go to the dentist regularly. At Wurzbach Parkway Family Dental, we have the latest technologies to make sure your teeth are getting the best care possible. Remember, prevention is the best medicine.
4) Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to reduce gum damage and replace your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months to make sure it is clean.
5) Crushing ice or popcorn kernels with your teeth can damage them. It causes tiny cracks in the enamel of the teeth and makes them more likely to get cavities.
6) Use mouth rinse to clean the places that brushing and flossing missed. Even swishing with water a few times a day will help to loosen the food left over on your teeth and prevent plaque buildup.
Here’s to a great new year. Our Wurzbach Parkway Family Dental family dentist San Antonio office hopes to see you soon with a healthy smile!